Monday, January 24, 2011

Louisa is a great hostess!


I visited Louisa, Peter, Griffin and Sophia for Christmas in Washington DC.  She gave me a book (The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver which I highly recommend), but I didn't want to paint that.  I decided to paint a pineapple--the symbol of hospitality.  She had two parties, organized an outing to see my cousin and his family in St. Michael's, organized art outings and visits to the National Arboretum and to the Botanical Gardens.  All that, and Christmas too!   It was a great visit.  This painting is on a watercolor card from Strathmore.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Last night the kids asked why I was chuckling to myself-- I explained I was just thinking of the conversation between you and Jen regarding the fact that I "might have some bread" available for you after you landed. HA! such hospitality!

    ReplyDelete