Friday, June 29, 2012

Is a "Bacherolette" Tiara Necessary to Celebrate a Birthday?

Well, for me it was...that little gesture lifted me out of a funk about the whole birthday thing.  It was very sparkly and  pink...and I am not sure my little rendition of it did it justice.  It was spectacular, really...and VERY sparkly.  That doesn't show up on line.  As I like to point out (thanks to Virginia)---"You can never sparkle too much!"  I almost pushed the envelope wearing it at Camp 18....but that was part of the fun.

Celeste also gave me something that has become my constant companion...a beautiful little planner/journal/notes/todo list with wonderful illustrations and quotes.  This is my rendition of the cover:
"Write everyday" is the message of the top bird...and I do!!!

But wait!  There's more....the bag my birthday goodies from Celeste came in was a work of art in and of itself--with many colorful candles:
Plus, there is a pen that has a sparkle on the end of it (I didn't even TRY to capture that) and a birthday cake  when we were at Camp 18.  

Birds...candles...tiara...cake....I think my birthday was great!   And Celeste is very thoughtful.  She didn't even mention my actual age! She gave me these on our plein air painting outing at Camp 18.  It doesn't get any better than that!  

1 comment:

  1. haha, dear friend, I did not mention any age, because for one thing I think of you being at least a full decade younger than your actual years..you are definitely one youthful bachelorette! These paintings are exceptional..every one of them. It is amazing how you can paint these objects and infuse them with your style. Glad you liked your birthday celebration...it is always as much fun for us as it is for you!

    ReplyDelete