Tuesday, May 15, 2018

River Scene


This is very unusual for me.  It is actually a painting I started several years ago after taking a workshop from John Salminen.  I recently pulled it out and decided I should either finish it or toss it.  There had been a large white shape and I softened that.  I also added some of the more "fuzzy" shapes.  I then cropped it quite a bit.  It had been a full sheet (22 x 30) and is now 16" x 28".  I am pretty happy with it.  It's got lots of interesting colors and shapes and I like that.  There is a lot of glazing, which is a technique of painting an area, letting it dry completely, and then painting over it with a different color, or colors.

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful, Carolyn! I love the white shape amid the vibrant warm ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathy. It was a real challenge! I knew someone like you would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete