Friday, January 3, 2020

January 1,2,3



I began 2020 by making a commitment to paint at least 15 minutes everyday.  It's part of a group challenge called Art 365.  I know, 2020 has 366 days, but that's not something to worry about.  I started with thank you cards. 

January 1 was a thank you to Nancy, who sent me a great dishtowel with an Oregon theme....in watercolor.  I just painted the barista coffee and included the green background.

January 2 features a pin from Jan that looks like my cat Jerry.  She also sent me a very fun Starbucks ornament, but I only painted the cat.

January 3 was a challenge.  I get Moravian cookies every year from my sister and brother-in-law.  My sister-in-law and my late husband, were raised as Moravians, so that is an acknowledgement of that.  And they are delicious.   I have painted the cookie tin, a Moravian star, churches, and cookies in previous years.  This  time I went on-line to find a picture of a woman in traditional Moravian dress.  At least, that is my belief---I can't read the language,  It was fun to keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment