Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Spring Fling


The Capitol Hill Art League has a monthly challenge for members and it is a lot of fun.  Artists can submit up to two pieces each and winners are selected.  The first prize winner each month is the juror for the next month.  No money, no prizes...just recognition.

I don't participate every month, but did during April when the challenge theme was Spring Fling.  The above painting is of Bleeding Hearts in my backyard.  I had fun keeping it loose and using a pencil outline.  

Below is my second painting for the month of pansies in a little vase I have.  I love the pansies, though the vase is a little "wonky" in the painting.  Fun to do.  No, these weren't "winners" in the challenge, but they were fun for me and not too complicated.



No comments:

Post a Comment