Wednesday, February 23, 2011

From Mary: An Adorable Little Elf and A Box of Tasty Granola


My step-daughter Mary is really more than that to me.  Closer to a daughter, just like her sisters Elizabeth (my beloved Howard) died over three years ago, we have remained family.  Mary and I (and her adorable daughter Rebecca, who is granddaughter to me) had dinner recently.  We hadn't seen each other since Thanksgiving.  Mary gave me an adorable elf.  Some might call it a Christmas ornament, but it seems to be a kitchen elf--something I learned would bring me a little chuckle every day.  She also gave me a box of the granola she makes and sells at farmer's markets--so good!!!!  It won't last as long as the elf.   My thankfulness for the beautiful people in my life continues......

4 comments:

  1. Carolyn--

    I know you didn't mean to, but you left Catherine out of the blog entry above....

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love the little kitchen elf & the box of granola--makes me think of Scandinavian homes, warm wood stoves, coffee steaming in a mug....

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw that little elf I remembered the little vintage ornaments I used to have. She was a very fun little elf to see; Red like the (elizabeth's)collection of red tin spice boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth is absolutely right. I inadvertently edited out Catherine, and I still don't know why that happened. I love Catherine and everyone who knows me realizes that. I hope Catherine does, too. We have had so many good times together. She is a great artist, a beautiful woman, a good parent, a good daughter...all that and more!

    ReplyDelete