Friday, February 4, 2011

Two Bookmarks from Patty


Back to my project of painting any gifts given to me.....my friend Patty gave me a dragonfly bookmark that is very beautiful.  It is too pretty to hide in a book, actually.  She also gave me a bookmark from the Japenese Garden, and I took the lantern from that--I had to excercise some "artistic license."  (In case you wonder, I really do have an artistic license and it is on display in the Plum Gallery.)  Patty is a poet and a reader and a wonderful woman...these are so much "her," and the dragonfly acknowledges my little group of friends we call "dragonflies"--Patty is part of that.  Thanks, Patty--it is so pretty! 

1 comment:

  1. I've seen your artistic license! lol---this is a nice way to thank people for their presents..very clever. And I agree, the dragonfly must not be buried inside of a book...too pretty!

    ReplyDelete