Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Labyrinth IV


I learned about this, and many of the unique labyrinths around the world, from a book called The Unending Mystery by David Willis McCullough.  This one is from a Native American culture, specifically People of the Desert and People of the River.  The basic design is seen in baskets, mostly, and is called "Man in the Maze."  I took that design and added some images that I connect those peoples.   The size is 22" x 24" and the medium is watercolor with metallic gold highlights.

2 comments:

  1. Another great labyrinth! I can not wait to see them all hanging together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, I very much love this and believe you can create a fabulous mural design that will be so well loved by the people of Cuba! These are lovely and rich!

    ReplyDelete