Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A beautiful scarf from Nancy

From this picture, you can't really tell that it is a scarf.....this is just one part of it.  The ball fringe goes all around the edge.  It is reversible, so I turned back the edge a little bit to show the other side....a little darker.  The design is very intricate, but I simplified it.  I love how this turned out and may use it as a card.  To me, it is abstract and fun at the same time.  If I hadn't explained what it is....you might have your own interpretation!

The scarf itself is a triangle, so I think the best way to wear it is around the shoulders, with a knot in the front. Nancy's last name is Hugg---this scarf feels like a hug when I wear it that way.  

It was an early Christmas present.  My pleasure in receiving gifts, documenting them in a thank-you note, posting it here, and mailing the thank you to the giver continues.   It has been so much fun that I might continue it in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment