Thursday, May 10, 2012

Louisa and Peter went to Scotland!


Yes, Louisa and Peter celebrated Peter's 50th birthday with a trip to Scotland.  I was intimately involved in the trip because I stayed with Griffin and Sophia while their parents were gone and made sure they kept up with their daily routines.  What fun for me to drop in on my grandchildren's lives...and also to be able to visit some of my favorite galleries while they were in school.

The gifts brought back were exquisite.  There are some sterling silver earrings in a celtic design---I portrayed one, but didn't do it justice.  They are really beautifully crafted, and very nice.  Louisa also brought back a big silk flower that can be either a pin or a hair ornament and I have been having a lot of fun with it!  There's more--a book that I didn't even try to capture that shows various artist's responses to the Parliament Building in Edinboroguh.  The Parliament was built in the years 1999-2004, so it is actually very modern.  The artists did a great job of portraying the various aspects of the building....historical, contemporary and futuristic.

Nice gifts, Louisa and Peter....I love it all!

1 comment:

  1. Scotland is such a wonderful place to visit...I was lucky I got to go in the 80's. I brought back some jewelry too..I love your depiction of your great presents....love how the celtic knot design fits on the pedal of the flower!

    ReplyDelete