Thursday, August 9, 2012

California!

I just returned from a great trip to California.  There wasn't much time for painting, but I helped Jen move from Fair Oaks to Paso Robles.  It was a great adventure, with her driving a u-haul and her SUV on a trailer behind.  I followed in a rented car.  Got in some nice "face time" with sister-in-law Sally, nephew Ben and his family while in Paso Robles, and visited with almost 99-year old Louise Reynolds.

Also got to spend time with friends....that was great!   I visited Virginia before and after surgery, had a nice dinner with high school friends Annette and Kathy, stayed TWO nights with Sheryl in Mill Valley, and then got to see Kathy's new Sacramento apartment.  Lots of good memories to store up.  Before leaving Saturday, I made a quick stop at Discovery Park, where the American River and the Sacramento River join up.  I made this quick gouache sketch.  The sun was beating down, but it was fun to be there and record this scene.

1 comment: