Sunday, February 3, 2013

Feng Shui Vision Board


Today, I went to a workshop conducted by my friend Joyce Gotsch.  The idea was to create a vision board of our intentions, goals, desired achievements, etc for the coming year in nine Feng Shui areas.  Joyce did such a great job and gave us boards divided into the nine areas.  We leafed through magazines to find images that would help us remember our intentions for those nine areas.  I got a lot of images, but didn't get to the point of collaging them just yet.

I had an idea to block out the nine areas with a tissue paper "underpainting." This was for two reasons.....one was to kind of define the areas and another was so I wouldn't have so much white space on the foam core board.  I got some tissue paper in colors and assembled the underpainting, which is above.   I am actually pretty happy with it as an abstract painting right now, and don't feel like I want to start gluing stuff on it just yet.  I'll think about it overnight and then decide what to do.

1 comment: