Thursday, May 21, 2015

Plein Air Gouache Painting


I've been spending Saturday mornings learning about gouache painting, and it has been challenging.  I have used gouache before, but still have so much to learn and, so far, my work has not been "blog-worthy." However, I missed the sketch group this week and wanted to put something on the Plum Gallery blog.  So, here is my painting of a blue umbrella at the West end of the National Botanic Garden, done last Saturday.  It was a really lovely spot, with a fantasic fountain.  I wish I had taken a picture of that.  I think it is called The First Ladies' Fountain. We're going back next Saturday.  This painting is very small, about 5" x 8."  My teacher, Bernie Dellario thinks I could go even smaller, but I would kind of like to go bigger. It is hard to get used to putting light over dark when I have done the opposite in watercolor for so many years.


2 comments:

  1. This little painting has a lot of charm. Hope you are having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete