Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Lotus


This is my painting for an upcoming show at Capitol Hill Arts Workshop.  The show should be very interesting because it will include not only the final paintings, but some preliminary work associated with the paintings--like value and color studies. The reception is September 8 from 6 to 7:30 at Capitol Hill Arts Workshop, 7th and G St SE.  This is a show of the Summer Work of a group I recently joined, the Wednesday Studio Group.  All are welcome.

This lotus is one I recently saw at the Lan Su gardens in Portland Oregon.  I had never seen a  lotus out  of water before.  I used only two colors (winsor red and sap green) in this painting.  The browns are combinations of those two colors.

I hope it conveys the serenity I felr when I saw this lotus in a planter,

No comments:

Post a Comment