Friday, April 29, 2011

Flowers from Virginia




I was so surprised to see a beautiful bouquet delivered to me on Monday.  Welcome home from my trip to Washington DC....Happy Easter....and to remember my friend Jim.  Of course, the very thoughtful sender was my dear friend Virginia.  The flowers are truly lovely--a large arrangement with gerbera daisies, carnations, hydrangras, tulips, phlox, purple stock, snapdragons and set off by trailing eucalyptus.  As usual, Virginia hit all the right notes in making me feel good and timing it beautifully.  My friends Celeste, Carrie, and Katherine sketched at my house with me on Tuesday and found the bouquet a great inspiration.  Results can be seen at www.behindthescenes-ppasp.blogspot.com.  I am also working on a bigger painting of the bouquet, but it is taking second place on my work schedule behind a painting to be put up at O'Connor's next Tuesday.  It is too risky to post it now.  It may totally flop but so far,so good.  I hope to post it soon...whether it is a"flop" or not!!!

Carolyn Rondthaler, owner, Plum Gallery 

No comments:

Post a Comment