Sunday, January 26, 2020

New Bee Mug


A couple of months ago I experienced a major tragedy in my life.  I dropped my beloved bee mug and it crashed beyond reconstruction.  That is not entirely true.  I did glue the major pieces and it is now a pencil holder.  But we know a pencil holder is not as good as a mug.  It will never be a mug again.

On a recent visit to DC, Catherine brought me a new bee mug. Of course, it is not exactly the same.  In many ways, it is better. John did the work and I am grateful to him and Catherine for their dedication to getting me this new bee mug.  They know how I love it.

Just as history, I used to have art friends to my house every week for sketching.  Many sketched the bee mug, but the important thing was that the "artist of the day" got to use the bee mug for coffee or tea...or whatever.  Good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment