Thursday, April 23, 2020

Peter Bug - Capitol Hill Icon


Here's another one of my favorite neighborhood people.  Peter Bug does shoe repair.  More than that, he takes "at risk" youth and teaches them howto do it and how to work with others.  I think he's closed now due to the DC "stay at home" orders.  He had a heart attack last May but recovered and honored those who saved him.  He did go back to work.  I just hope he's OK now.

I did this because, with some of my artist friends, we are working on paintings of local spots and icons for a display in the new offices of Capitol Hill Village.  I am not sure it will fit in with what we're doing, but it was a picture I got off the internet and I really enjoyed doing it, especially the grey in the hair, beard and mustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment