Friday, August 28, 2020

We Rise!

 




Some time ago (like on June 20) Louisa and I participated in "A National Call for Moral Revival" with the Poor People's Campaign.  It was a you tube/zoom event not an actual march.  Louisa was inspired and ordered t-shirts for both of us.  I used mine as inspiration for this poster which I am now varnishing and will place outside soon.  It's pretty big--24" x 36" and is a simplification of the t-shirt.  I also reversed the color scheme.  Here's the front of the t-shirt.




Thank you Louisa.

Today is the anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington at which Martin Luther King Jr. gave the "I Have a Dream" speech.  There is an actual march today in DC to commemorate that day.  Sad that we still have to march for equality.  I am trying to be a good ally in the fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment