Saturday, November 5, 2022

Tree Climbers


                                             

 This is a painting that will be part of the "What Brings Me Joy" show coming up at the Capitol Hill Arts Workshop.  The reception is November 12 from 5:30-7:30.  The closing date is December 9.  

I m pretty happy with this painting. I made it from a picture I took in about 1980 of my daughters (Louisa and Jen), my nephews (Jake and Ben), and family friend Ethan crawling on a tree in the backyard in Nevada City, California.  I don't feel like it looks like those specific children...but catches their spirit.

I have four other paintings in the show--"Butterflies", "Daddy/Daughter Time", "Sunflowers", and "Hrvesting Oranges."  These are all things that bring me joy--love that theme!


No comments:

Post a Comment