Thursday, March 30, 2023

TY Leslie


I am a little behind on my posts.  I recently went on a retreat to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware with some friends from my memoir group.  I have actually been making pretty good progress on an autobiography and am using the same format as I use for these blog entries; i.e., I post a picture or a painting and then tell about it.  I was very flattered when my progress was recognized with the gift of a mug with a Cicero quote; "A room without books is like a body without a soul."   That resonates!   I also got some red pens, yellow highlighters and post-it notes as well as a binder with printouts of some of my entries--I can add to it.  It was very thoughtful and I say "thank you" to Leslie Bridgett because she is the person who made it happen and because she has also been foremost in encouraging me in my writing process. All in the group are very supportive, though, and Ann Manheimer, Deborah Hanlong and Patrick Hamilton made the retreat happen.  They also lead regular meetings which rotate between speakers and opportunities for us in the group to share what we've written.



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing you are involved in! My " brother"💖 Jon Wallenius, Also an artist has been writing in Story Core? A gift from his daughter and opens so much as well. Your gifts are so inspirational Thanks for Sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete