Saturday, January 23, 2021

TY Louisa and Peter--I LOVE Paris


I'm still working on thank you cards from Christmas.  OK, I'm just taking my time with them.  This one is to express gratitude for some very fancy teas from Paris!   Those who know me know I love Paris--the song is an earworm now, but I can't help it.  

Louisa and I went a few years ago, and I still treasure those memories.  Recently (in November) we went by zoom to Paris with Road Scholars and it was great.  We learned about places that are not in the tourist guides and also a lot of history, as well as Notre Dame, etc.  That's inspiration for another trip when we can travel again.  

Louisa found some special teas from Paris for s me at a shop here on Capitol Hill.  They are Dammann Freres and I got four flavors plus an amazing tea ball.  The teaball has a little teapot which you can see in the sketch above.  The mug I show in this sketch is also Parisian (you knew that by the Eiffel Tower).  The teas are truly special.

Peter is going to get me some macarons to enjoy with the tea.  I just haven't given him the go-ahead yet because I had a lot of left-over sweets from the holidays.  

The really amusing thing is that I also gave them teas.  They have been enjoying chai tea in the morning and so I gave them a gift set of chai teas.   You'd think we're related or something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment