Thursday, February 16, 2023

Contaminated Oil Refinery Spill

 


This is a little different.  I did this painting of a truck driving through a contaminated oil spill with the refinery in the background.  The photo is one I found on-line and then modified.  The location is Martinez, California.

What was really different for me was that I did it in response to a theme for an upcoming juried show of work by Capitol Hill Art League members.  The theme is "Environmental Chaos."  I felt kind of like the guy driving through didn't know the area was contaminated and now I wonder why there isn't a requirement that it be posted when there is a spill or a leak.  

That area is beautiful.  I used to live across the Carquinez Strait from Martinez in Benicia, California, and it was so peaceful...but they do have oil refineries.  Oh, this piece was juried in to the show which opens March 4 at the Capitol Hill Arts Workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment