Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Storms Brewing in the Pacific

 


This is another painting that will be in the"Environmental Chaos" show at the Capitol Hill Arts Workshop.  The show begins on March 4.  I based this work, which is unusual for me, on a weather prediction photo that put the wind patterns in color.  There was only an outline of land masses...I think you can see the outlines Alaska and Vancouver Island in my painting.  This was during the time that California was getting what they called "atmospheric rivers" and bringing lots of needed rain....in some cases, too much rain!  

I liked the colors, but I am concerned about extreme storm trends which could lead to "environmental chaos."

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your explanation of this and hoping it's a another Winner🕺

    ReplyDelete