Wednesday, February 3, 2021

TY WOODWELLS

C

Every Christmas I get a special gift of Moravian cookies from Clemmons, North Carolina.  My sister-in-Bobby and her husband George send them.  They actually live in Woods Hole Massachusetts. Bobby is Howard's little sister and they grew up together in Clemmons and in the Moravian faith.  Oh, by the way, Bobby is really Catharine, but is called Bobby because, when she was brought home from the hospital as a baby, he called her Bobby.  The name stuck.

Mrs. Hanes is famous for the Moravian cookies which are very thin, hand rolled, cut and packed.  The ginger ones are spicy and the sugar ones are just right on sweetness.  I think there are other flavors, but these are what we like.  They are a special part of our Christmas festivities.  This was from a photo on the cookie tin, but I think I made Mrs. Hanes much younger than she actually is.

Thank you, Bobby and George.  The cookies are always welcome.


1 comment:

  1. Caroline, I love this post! So nice that Bobby & George send the beloved cookies to you. In case you are Facebook friends with any of their family, Bobby spells her full name Katharine.

    ReplyDelete