Saturday, May 21, 2022

Fuschia!!! TY Smiths

                                                    
This fuschia plant was another Mother's Day gift.  I am catching up on getting them done and posted.   I had a lot of fun with this one because I sketched in the hanging planter, but not the leaves or flowers.  I did the flowers and leaves completely freehand in watercolor.  It was a lot of fun and I did it sitting outside with a view of the planter.  It is hanging from a stand under a tree and there are some shrubs and plants around it, but I decided the fuschia is the focus and so just did a loose background the color of the fence.

I love this plant and can see it from my kitchen window and love how the different times of day influence it.  It is hot today, but I just checked on it and it is doing fine.  I think they don't do very well in extreme heat so I need to keep checking.

Thank you Peter and Louisa.  I also got a tomato plant at the local nursery on the same trip when we found the fuschia...oh, and some basil seeds.  It is a great time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment